Monotype Type Series Charts
Type Series Charts are an alternative to Matrix Case Arrangements or Layouts as a means of identifying the unit widths of the characters in a fount. They are particularly useful when casting with a Super caster. The charts listed below are those in the possession of the Alembic Press, and in no way represent all that the Monotype Corporation made available (in the UK). The Baskerville chart is taken from the 'Monotype' Super Caster Manual of 1972, and the others are separate sheets in various states of repair, and quality of reproduction.
The charts show upper case, lower case, unit width, and the decimal set width for each point size (in inches, e.g. 1660 is 0.1660").
This page was written by David Bolton in 2015 and last updated 23 June 2017.
- Baskerville Series 169, UA 43
- Cloister Bold Series 271, UA 86
- Cloister Old Style Series 272, UA 89
- Gloucester Old Style Series 99, UA 4
- Gill Sans Bold Condensed Series 343, UA 316
- Grotesque Bold Condensed Series 15, UA 2 and 3
- Grotesque Condensed Series 318, UA 300
- Italian Old Style Series 108, UA 4
- Littleworth Series 284, UA 371
- Univers Light Condensed Series 686, UA 492
- Univers Medium Condensed Series 690, UA 493
- Veronese Series 59, UA 4
- or return to Monotype Lists